About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Friday, November 9, 2012

NOV 9 The Godfather

Today, I am thankful for The Godfather.

I believe in America. America has made my fortune...

Wise words to live by, although never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking again.

The Godfather has been my all-time favorite movie/book/trilogy. It is one of the few books--scratch that; it has been the ONLY book that I have read from cover to cover more than once. I don't always read books, but when I do, they have lots of pictures in them. This book, however, is the exception.

I have read The Godfather five times. I have watched the movies countless times on VCR, DVD, BLURAY DISC, and television. I think the movie is one of a few adapted screenplays that has stayed true to the book. I don't know what the others are because I don't like reading books without pictures--although, I did enjoy reading the Twilight series, but the movies strayed from the book---but I'm sure The Godfather isn't the only one. Plus, I really don't care that much for the others.

My Godfather collection
I will slowly build this collection.

It all started with the beat up book on top. Then I fell in love with hard covers.

Whoever BALZAC was, he knew his stuff. (sounds like "ball sac")

I love the progression of the movie medium.

VCR: Fat and chunky, and two at a time! And slow to rewind.

DVD: Thinner, but couldn't fit it all on one disc.

Blu-Ray DISC: Son-of-a-beached whale! Did it really reduce the size of the package to Skinny-Bitch?

The only other method left to purchase in is the iTunes HD movie version for my iPad/Apple device. I already bought the iBooks version to read at my leisure. (By the way, I love technology.)

Some other Godfather paraphernalia I own include:

The Godfather--Film Script (Copy)

I sometimes would read and follow along with the movie.

A print of a drawing referencing key scenes and characters from The Godfather. 
Remember, keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer. If they are not reasonable, make them an offer they can't refuse. It will usually involve some sort of chocolate. No one can resist chocolate.

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment