About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

NOV 17 Car A/C & Heat

Today, I am thankful for my car's A/C & heating.

A couple years back when we had the "Snow Storm of the Century" again, I found myself in quite a predicament. Snow storms in Texas always freeze daily life, no pun intended. OK yes, I intended that pun. Seriously though, all life comes to a complete halt when it snows around here.

This snow storm, perhaps considered a sprinkle by northerners, arrived while I was at work. With many freeways closed due to icy conditions, work provided its employees a place to sleep over to avoid any unnecessary driving under bad road conditions. I immediately thought, "Hell No!" I decided I would take my chances and brave the weather. (You can only tolerate work so much in one day.)

Snow storm of the century #2

All was fine until I realized that the A/C that was giving me trouble during the blistering summer is now part of the heating problem that wasn't heating at all. Son-of-a-Bitch! No heat means frozen windshield. Frozen windshield means no visibility, not to mention, frozen me. No visibility means driving like Ace Ventura in Pet Detective, with my head sticking out the window.

After driving 10mph with frozen snot on my face, having to stop a couple times to remove accumulated ice and snow from the windshield, I realized the importance of fixing the A/C and heating in my car. Needless to say, My new car has an excellent working A/C and heating system, even the seats and steering wheel are heated.

New car and all its modern conveniences.
I'm so glad my hands and butt are toasty warm and cozy when I drive my car in cold weather. And the best part, I can see clearly through the windshield sans the frozen snot.

BLAHG you later!

1 comment:

  1. how much did you pay to fix it same problem here in nj heat went out had to leave my subaru at khols .
    magicmia@aol.com

    ReplyDelete