About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

NOV 29 Advent Calendars

Today, I am thankful for Advent calendars.

So what if the history of the Advent calendar is, well, history? I'm sure most of us know little of it, other than, it is a chocolatey countdown to Christmas.

The typical Advent calendar waiting to be ravished by chocolate lovers, on a daily basis.

They come in many different forms, but they all count down to Christmas Day. After that, you are on your own. But there is always Dick Clark's, New Year's Eve Ball Drop in New York City for those that desire to keep counting down to something.

Fancy wooden pyramid (or Christmas tree) of Advent-URE!

Everything I know about Advent calendars I learned from the 350-page book entitled, "The History of The Advent Calendar." OK, I just made that up. Some of my knowledge of Advent calendars can be attributed to the most reliable encyclopedia on the web, Wikipedia. Most of it, though, comes from the movie, Bad Santa. Candy corn, HILARIOUS!!


"Well, they can't all be winners, can they?"

"Should I fix you some sandwiches?"

Let the countdown begin.

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment