About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

NOV 22 Louisiana

Today, I am thankful for Louisiana.

Louisiana, you are a good state. You are our neighbor. You complete me...(only because you have part of Texas' border).

Some day you'll be part of Texas again.

OK, I'll be honest, Louisiana. I don't know who you are, or where you came from. The only thing I know about you I learned from the opening credits sequence from the show, True Blood, and that is some very scary shit. The other is from the show, Swamp People, and that is even more frightening! Needless to say, you frankly scare the crap out of me.

I will say this, though. Today, I am thankful for your hot sauce. Yes, your original "Louisiana Hot Sauce." One drop does it! You make yummy things taste very spicy yummier! (I'm speaking your language now.)

How y'all are?

Take that bag of popcorn, for example. It's just a bag of plain old, organic, olive oil popcorn, but add Louisiana Hot Sauce to it... and it's a freaking fiesta!! You're making me sweat.

Arriba! Arriba!

And when I say you make me sweat, I literally mean that you make me sweat. Spiciness, for some reason, makes my head sweat. (Yes, I know. It's a phenomenon!) But, I can't stop eating the popcorn with your hot sauce. I've had the entire bag. That's a lot of popcorn with a lot of hot sauce I've eaten. It burns on the way in, and it'll probably burn on the way out too. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make. (I'll be taking those words back in the morning.)

I may not know much about you, Louisiana, but all I need to know is that you crafted some mighty nice spicy hot sauce that makes a lot of Mexicans happy. So much so that we have actually claimed it as our own discovery. We even call it "Luisa Hut Sos," or simply "El chile." Muchas grassy-ass.

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment