About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

NOV 25 George Foreman Grill

Today, I am thankful for the George Foreman Grill.

Some people prefer charcoal burning grills. Some prefer gas burning grills. I prefer the electric kind, the George Foreman Grill, or the GFG. Not only is it healthy grilling, it's all-year long grilling, at any time of the day, in any place with a 120V electrical wall outlet or power extension cord.

 
Thank you, Mr. Foreman for not losing your mind after all those punches to the head.

Grill masters will frown upon the GFG users in much the same way, I imagine, that Michelangelo would frown upon kindergarten kids calling themselves artists for making finger paintings. I, on the other hand, consider myself a Michelangelo grill master of the GFG.

I have finally mastered how to make tasty medium rare steaks on the GFG. That is ALL I will grill now; well, that and hot dogs. I tried making soup on there once, but it made a horrible mess. (FYI, liquids and electrical power cords don't play well together, even on the GFG.)

My canvas!!
Here is the secret to grilling an awesome steak on the GFG, DON'T CLEAN IT. That's right. Don't clean the GFG and your food comes out tasting like filet mignon even if it's just ground beef.

Did I mention it's also healthy cooking? I really don't know about that claim. What I do know is that I don't have a house full of smoke that you would get from real grills. I confine my smoke to just the kitchen.

Say hello to my little friend...

Just the right size for one big ass burger.
Next time you feel like grilling, but can't because it's storming outside and all that rain would put a damper on your grilling fire, reach for a George Foreman Grill and grill indoors until your heart is content. And pray there is no power outage, then you'll be out of luck and you'll be stuck with raw meat slowly going bad.

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment