About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wishing

Hello Everybody,

I wish I could say that I have been productive this past several days, but I haven't. I've been under the weather, and I haven't been able to go out and take new pictures. I did take a few photos when I was working with lighting, trying to create texture, mood.



It was an assignment to keep my photography muscles exercising. There is so much to learn about lighting that it's impossible for me to say that I know what I am doing. I'll just take each assignment one at a time. (No one is really giving me assignments. I just make my own on things I know I have to practice on: creative elements, the principles of photography.)

There are times I feel that I am being unproductive. I just have to train myself to just do, and not sit around thinking about what I want to do. Just do that! (I would say "Just do it!" but Nike already coined that phrase.)

I am feeling much better and I will be taking more pictures of the outside world. My next assignment will be evening landscape/cityscapes, or just pictures at night. It's getting warmer and clearer. It should make for more comfortable shoots.

Here are some more photos from this past assignment.



My goal was to produce not just balanced photographs (composition, contrast), but create interest in the everyday subject matter that has lost its interest.  I am still learning, still practicing.


One thing I did learn is that I need another lens to do better close-ups. Until next time.

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment