About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Photography Hobby Begins

Hello everybody! (And by "everybody" I mean you who accidentally stumbled onto my blog.)

I bring good news. I have begun my photography hobby today. I have no excuse now for not going out and taking pictures. I just purchased (and traded-in for) the lens that was high on my priority list of lenses. It is a really nice lens. I'll expand on it later. No more saying, "Well, I can't because I don't have this or that..blah, blah, blah." Now it is a matter of dedicating time to learn the lens and its capabilities. I think most photography instructors will tell you to learn your equipment and shoot, shoot, shoot! That's how you'll get better. "Bad" photographs only teach you how to get to "good" photographs.

The good thing about my digital camera is that I get instant feedback from experimental settings, and I can always delete the ones I don't like. I have ideas of what my photography style is. I just haven't been able to translate it to actual photos. Until now. I am closer with this new lens. The AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8GII ED VRII.


It's about the size of a new Trenta drink cup at Starbuck's, except 1.5inches taller. It really gives you that professional look on your photographs with the blurry background. It's great in low light, like indoor events, but also does well in bright sunlight. Far superior to the previous zoom lens I had.

The lenses I traded in for this one were standard lenses that came with the package when I bought my camera. I realized after I got more serious about photography that those lenses in my package were NOT specialty lenses. They did a good job. But now, I am ready for the next level and need to equip myself accordingly.

It is an investment. A good investment, as long as I keep taking photographs and shoot for my goal to produce income with it.

I will post photos taken with my new lens when I have new photos to post.

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment