About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Stuff

I have managed to get some new stuff to post on my blog. I went out and took some pictures of one of my friend's band, and I went to a photography workshop the following day.

The band's name is Scant. They play 80's hair-band rock music and dress the part. They are pretty entertaining with a variety of music to keep you dancing. This particular night they were playing at Spencer's Corner in Fort Worth. Shooting wasn't too bad, but it did pose some challenges with it being dark and the stage lights changing constantly. I learned I need a small flashlight to shine on people's faces to get them in focus. I used a 50mm f1.4 lens for most of the shots with a high ISO of 2000 because it allowed the most light in. I did use a 35mm f1.8 lens for a few of the shots, too. I didn't use the flash much because I would lose the ambient lighting of the bar.

The lead singer.
The guitarist.
The bassist.
And the drummer. This is my friend, John.
The photography workshop I went to the following day was a great learning experience. We went to some far, far away location to photograph some models, and then afterwards, we discussed the experience over some pizza. I met some other photographers that I will hopefully stay in touch with and network with. This was my first time taking pictures of models. It was also the first time directing poses. I usually tend to take candid photos of people. I wasn't used to the directing. It's something I will have to work on. These are two of my favorite shots. I call them "Endless Passion."



I'll post more stuff later. I'm getting hungry. And I still need to go take a bath. (Yes! I said bath!)

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment