About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Monday, May 2, 2011

God Bless America

Hello All,

Well last night around 22:00 we witnessed history. News of the death of Osama bin Laden reached me while I was watching "A Holmes Inspection" on HGTV. How did I hear about it? Twitter and Facebook...on my iPhone. Seems comical receiving news through this particular medium, but it has drastically and quickly impacted the world.

I still remember being in art class trying to draw a still life of boxes when the news report of a second airplane flying into the south World Trade Center tower interrupted a classical piece on the radio. Classes were immediately cancelled, and we all went home to be glued to the television set to absorb as much information as possible about the confusion going on.

There was a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that day. News of the death of Osama bin Laden still brings a sick feeling to the pit of my stomach today, but only because it transports me back to that eleventh day of September 2001 and the agony and helpless feeling I had.

God Bless America!

I hope this news will bring peace to the hearts of the people that have struggled with 9/11. We CAN be united as a nation and we have proven that. There are no amounts of "thank you's" that can be said to show our appreciation for the people that defend our country everyday, but still, THANK YOU! Your sacrifice is recognized and truly appreciated.

Former President Bush, Sr. and Jr.
Thank you, Mr President, for your service. I pray you find wisdom and strength to be a fair leader. This country is quick to judge your decisions, but it is difficult to please all. This is why only a few men can perform such duty to be President of the United States. I pray we all have the courage to support your leadership and accept the sacrifice needed to live in this great country of ours, despite differences in politics. We are still one great nation under GOD!

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment