About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

OPENING DAY- TEXAS RANGERS

I am reporting that I will be going to Texas Rangers Opening Day 2011. I don't have tickets to the game, but I will try to find some to get in. I know what you're thinking. At first glance it may appear to be a not-so-well-thought-out plan. Well, you're right. It isn't. But given the previous years that I've attended opening day, there isn't much of a selection of good seats when ticket sales open to the public, even if you're the first one in line at the box office. Now they're having a lottery to allow people to buy any remaining tickets.

Well, I'll take my chances and try to buy tickets from somebody that might be selling at the game. This way few things will happen. First, the unknown. Who knows if my brother and I will get tickets to get in. Not having the security of knowing that we're in makes going a little more exciting. Second, It will make for a better story. It's a great way to regale a group of friends with our Opening Day drama! Thirdly, if we do get in, it will be much more meaningful, and we just might get good seats, too.

Of course, the bad side of this is that we don't get tickets to get in the stadium, we get stuck in traffic, and lose out on watching Texas Rangers Opening Day baseball. To that, I say thank GOD for DVR satellite. I will be recording the game. I will listen to the game on an FM transmitter as we continue to find a way in. And above all, I can always go to another game. Thank GOD there's 81 homes games.

2009 Opening Day. Didn't have tickets.

Bought 2 tickets. Seats were not bad at all. 
So wish me luck in this endeavor. I will blog about my adventure next time we meet.

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment