About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Night Life

Here are a few things I have learned since creating this blog:

1) It's hard to blog everyday, at least it is for me.
2) Blogging requires more work than I thought it would.
3) It's my blog. I don't have to blog everyday.

It has been over a week since I last blogged. I feel bad because I am neglecting the blog, but mainly because I am neglecting my hobbies, sorta. My main hobby right now has been photography. I also dabble in guitar, but I hit a creative road block, so I have been mainly concentrating on photography.



It seems that lately I've been slowly gaining creative momentum with the guitar. I have been working on that for the past week, and I have no way of showing you any progress of it on this blog. It's not as simple as posting images. A final product in music requires more input than just adjusting settings. Hopefully, I can get a final product to share with you sooner than later.

I did go out and take photographs of the night life. NO! Not the the party night life, just life at night. It's a different feeling being out on the busy parts of town during the middle of the night. It's so peaceful it almost feels...illegal.

Downtown Fort Worth
N Main Street

I will share what I learned while shooting these:

1) Since night photography requires a tripod, DO NOT shoot while there are gusting winds up to 30mph. It makes things blurry.
2) 30mph gusting winds tend to make cool weather a little cooler. Take a long sleeve shirt or light jacket. It'll keep you from shaking the camera even more.
3) PEE before leaving the house. Nothing is open after midnight. And peeing in public is frowned upon especially if you do it in front of the police station.
4) Take a friend to watch your back (possums like to steal your stuff), and help you with the equipment.

Moonlit background

I hope those aren't bullet holes.

I had to stop this shoot short because of the winds and I had no bodyguard. I do plan on doing more night shoots. I really enjoy them. The rest of this shoot is in My Gallery.

My street. So deserted at night.
The purpose for this blog was to help me keep working on my hobbies, to keep me creative and avoid being stagnant. Though I have been working on my hobbies, I need to remember that blogging is also a hobby that I must exercise on a more frequent basis. I just think that people prefer to experience a blog that has interesting visual components and not just words. At least that's how my brain works. 

I'll try to blog more often, even if I don't have stimulating photographs. I'll try to use big words in the wrong context to keep things lively, instead.

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment