About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Alien

Greetings Aliens,

I'm sure everybody knows about the Apple store and their highly popular electronic toys they have. I was in one of their stores just the other day doing nothing productive, just playing with all the fun gadgets, when I realized that I am addicted to Apple. I wanted to buy everything in sight. And in true addict form, I convinced myself that I needed, not just wanted, all the gadgets in the store.

Then I remembered those simpler days when the only mobile device was the home phone with 50 feet of telephone cord, computers were a rarity with their black screens and green letters, cassette tapes were in their prime, CDs were in their infancy and available only to the wealthy, televisions were considered furniture because of their size (and I'm not talking screen size, I'm talking about the back of the TV), and MTV played music videos. It was a simpler time, alien to kids nowadays. It seems my generation was on the fence with this sudden boom in technology. We either embraced the new ways of modern technology, or we kept to our old set ways and now we struggle to send a freaking text message, not to mention trying to surf the internet.

I'm glad I embraced this new marvel known as modern technology. Home phones are becoming obsolete now. Computers, well, they became mobile phones. Cassette tapes and CDs are now enjoyed by today's youth when they're on school field trips to the Museum of Your Parent's Technology. MTV...well it's still around from what I hear, but they don't play videos anymore. The cool thing now is 24-7 Cartoon Channels in HD on flat panel TV's that hang on the wall and free up hundreds of living room square footage to Wii yourself into fitness. Who knew?

Times were simpler back when I was a kid, and we survived without advanced technology. It doesn't mean I want to go back there either. Heck, times were simpler back in the Titanic era, but if they had cell phones back then, someone could've called for help, texted a friend, or posted to Facebook that they were having a little bit of water issues.

I like today. I love the Apple store because they take all the complications of modern technology and make it simple. These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with what I just talked about other than they were taken with the modern technology in use today.

I'm no weatherman, but it looks like a storm.

My only photo that captured lightning.


Embrace technology. Visit your local Apple store and look at what you're missing. Then send me some money for my special foundation called Cash-In-My-Wallet that needs all Apple products to start running.

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment