About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Lensbaby

Greetings,

Back in August (of last year), I first mentioned Lensbaby. Today, I want to expand on it, somewhat.

Lensbaby is a system of manual lenses that allow you to be creative in your photography. It consists of lenses, optics, and accessories. A combination of these three can create special effects that add interest to photographs--blurriness, softness, fisheye, etc--without having to rely heavily on photo-editing software. 

I like the Lensbaby system because it is an affordable way to add artistry to your photographs without having to spend thousands of dollars on lenses or filter software that give similar effects. I wish I would have known that before I spent thousands of dollars on lenses that create those type of effects. Oh well. Click the link to the Lensbaby website to learn more about it. 


These are some of my favorite images using the Lensbaby system.

FISHEYE
Covers a lot of ground

CREATIVE APERTURES
Special effects on the light reflections.
The shiny lights look photoshopped, but they're not. That's what the special aperture disk does.

"SWEET SPOT"
There is a "sweet spot" that is focused and the rest is blurred.

The size of the "sweet spot" can be changed and moved around. 
The "sweet spot" is spot on with the Rule of Thirds in this photo.
Deep Ellum "sweet spot"
There are other optics that create different effects that I haven't used yet. But, don't worry. I will share the photos with you once I have something worthy of showing off. 

This is a very creative system to have if you are seriously considering photography as more than just a hobby, but can't afford all those expensive lenses yet.

I am excited about using this system with my new Nikon D4 and off camera flash. I hope I can bring you interesting photos next time.

BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment