About Me

My photo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, United States
I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I am going to chew a big wad of bubble gum just for fun, take more pictures, write a picture book, and hang out with my puppy dog.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cheat Day

Hello to all Cross Fitters out there.

It's been three months since I started doing Cross Fit, three times a week. I'm happy to report that I have lost 10-11lbs (it fluctuates), and I seem to be more leaner-looking. I have no idea what my body fat percent is and really don't have a desire to know...at least not yet. Once I get rid of more chunk, then I'll reconsider.

I've been keeping to a strict diet as well, a modified version of the Paleo Diet. Modified only because I am taking supplemental whey and casein protein in powder shake form. Basically, I cut out: grains (bread, cereal, bread. I know. I love bread.); dairy (milk, cheese, stuff that my stomach couldn't handle anyway); legumes (any beans, peanuts); tubers (potato-looking veggies); processed foods, sugars, did I mention bread?

Here's what I CAN eat: meat (beef, pork, poultry, fish); veggies (leafy stuff preferred); fruits (any kind in moderation); nuts (any nuts except peanuts or cashews); and berries (almost anything that ends in "-berry" is acceptable, I think); and water.

CHEAT DAY. I had a cheat day a couple days ago. I ate whatever I wanted just because. The stuff tasted SO GOOD! I had pancakes, biscuits, italian cream cake with cream cheese icing, chocolate truffles. It was DELICIOUS! Apparently, my stomach didn't get the Memo about the cheat day. It refused to participate and quickly asked all its new visitors to leave. So much for enjoying a cheat day.

It's back to the old strict diet. Maybe this time I won't have a cheat day. Instead, I'll  have a cheat snack once a week or every two weeks. I'll make sure to hand deliver the Memo to my stomach next time.

Check out the WODs (Workout Of the Day) from Grapevine Cross Fit in the Cross Fit Gallery.
It's tough, but I love it!




BLAHG you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment